Each company measures "Time to hire" differently. Some teams want to know how long each job posting was open. Others don't consider a job "filled" until the new employee arrives for their first day. With Custom Reporting, you can access the JazzHR data you need for your own unique Time to Hire report.
In this example, we'll use a Custom Field for each job's open date. We'll use the filled date (which JazzHR records when a job is moved from "open" to "filled") for the hire date.
Starts: job opened, job re-opened, job created in JazzHR, requisition requested.
Ends: job marked as filled, candidate offer signed, candidate shows up for first day.
1. Click Reports in the top header.
- Create a new Job Custom Report.
- Click Save to give the report a name and description.
2. Add some data to the report.
- Click the Columns button, then search for the fields you want to add.
- Click Save to return to the report.
4. Next, use the Status filter to select jobs that are filled. Click Apply.
5. Export the report. When the export is finished, download the CSV file from the notification email.
6. Open the file in Excel.
- It should detect our date columns, so we can use a simple formula to get the number of days between the open and hire dates.
- Including other data (e.g. minimum experience, candidate counts) can help you understand which factors affect your time to hire.