JazzHR offers a comprehensive initiative to ensure compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which goes into effect on January 1, 2020.
Learn more here:
- What is CCPA, and why does it matter?
- What does CCPA mean for JazzHR and our customers?
- JazzHR Features and Functionality to Support CCPA
What is CCPA and why does it matter?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), also known as CCPA or AB-375, is a comprehensive data privacy legislation that affords consumers protections around how their personal information can be used by for-profit entities. The law becomes effective on January 1, 2020, and will require companies to be ready to create greater transparency about the collection, use, and sharing of California consumers’ personal information by:
- Understanding the consumer data being collected
- Complying with new disclosure requirements
- Preparing for customer data requests that include 12 months of data
- Implementing new systems and processes to ensure ongoing compliance
What does CCPA mean for JazzHR and our customers?
As a customer-first organization and best-of-breed recruitment technology provider, we are committed to securely protecting our customers’ data and privacy. We have a comprehensive initiative to ensure compliance and will continue to enhance our existing data privacy and protection infrastructure. Additionally, we have readily-available tools and processes that enable customers to use JazzHR to assist in their own CCPA compliance.
For example, our bulk actions feature can perform mass deletion of candidate data, our custom questionnaires features allow for easy collection of consent, our candidate export provides data subject records in CSV format, and workflow triggers enable the sending of additional information related to the data subject's rights immediately upon application.
JazzHR Features and Functionality to Support CCPA
- Bulk Deletion: Our Bulk Actions feature can be used to delete candidates whose records have been deemed no longer relevant.
- Application Disclaimer: Customers can set a default application disclaimer, which is applied to all of their job applications, informing candidates of how they handle their personal data and their data retention policies
- Customer Data Deletion: When customers cancel their JazzHR account, their data may be deleted from JazzHR’s systems in accordance with our Terms of Service. To request for your account to be deleted, have your Account Owner email email@example.com.