JazzHR's Interview Sessions streamline the interview process, allowing you to easily group, schedule, and store multiple Interview Guides together. Sessions can be added as Workflow Helpers at the Workflow-template level or right from the Interviews tab on the Candidate Profile.
Once you've synced your calendar in JazzHR, you can also schedule each Interview Session for a fully centralized process from start-to-finish.
This article will cover:
- Build an Interview Session
- Schedule an Interview Session
- Share Video Conference Links for Google Meet and Microsoft Teams
- How to Reschedule or Cancel an Interview Session
- Click Settings.
- Click Workflows.
- Select the Workflow on which you'd like the Interview Sessions to be associated.
- Click Add from the drop-down next to the specific stage.
- Select Interview Session.
- Give the session a Title.
- Select one or more Interview Guides and accompanying durations. Click +Add Event to add additional guides to the session.
- Click Add Interview Session.
- Click Candidates.
- Search for the candidate on whose profile you'd like to add a session.
- Click the Interviews tab.
- Click Add Interview Session on the stage you'd like to conduct the interview(s). Note that this will only affect this job, not the whole Workflow template.
From here, continue through to schedule this Interview Session.
To schedule an Interview Session that you've added as a Workflow Helper, navigate to the Candidate Profile,
- Click the Interviews tab.
- Scroll to find the Workflow stage and Interview Session you'd like to schedule.
- Click Schedule on the session.
From there, you will see a mirror view of your calendar availability. Start typing a users' name in the "Add a calendar" field to view availability. Click anywhere on the calendar to select a mutual time and click Next.
Once you've selected a time:
- Click to Add Interviewers.
- Adjust information as needed from the left sidebar.
- Note that Insert Company Address will only populate if your company address is entered in the Account Information section.
- If you use GSuite or Office 365 and want to include a Video Meeting Link, click the box to add a video conference link.
- Click +Add Interview to add additional sessions.
- Click Next when you are done customizing the session.
From the next screen, click the arrow dropdown next to each interview to customize the invitation that is sent to the interviewer.
Adjust the event subject and description to your preferred text. Tip: You can paste a Zoom video link in this section. Then, check and uncheck the boxes to include or remove the following from the invitation:
Next, scroll down to customize the candidate's invitation (optional).
- Toggle the Send Email button to green. Note this is disabled by default.
- Adjust the "Send From" and "Send To" fields as needed, along with the subject line.
- Insert an email template by clicking Choose Template, or craft your own message.
- Click Paste Agenda to include the specific interview details.
- Toggle the Attach Calendar Event to green to include an .ics file, which candidates can upload to their calendars.
When you are satisfied with all details,
- Click Done Customizing.
- Finally, click Save Events & Send Invites to send.
Your scheduled Interview Session will now appear on the Interviews tab of the Candidate Profile.
Share Video Conference Links for Google Meet or Microsoft Teams (Coming Soon)
To make scheduling easier, customers using Google Meet or Microsoft Teams for video interviews can share video interview links when scheduling interviews in JazzHR.
From the Candidate Profile:
- Click on Interviews
- Click on +Schedule
- Choose a time for the interview
From the left-hand side, click the dropdown menu for "Add Video Conference Links" and select your provider. Then, fill out the remaining interview information, and click the NEXT button in the upper right-hand corner.
Toggle the Send Email button for the Candidate. Choose a pre-set Email Template or create your own email.
Note that an agenda with video-conference links for each interview event (if multiple) will be appended to this email once it is sent.
Once sent, the candidate will receive an email with the video-conference links:
How to Reschedule or Cancel an Interview Session
- To reschedule an interview session, click the Reschedule button next to the scheduled interview. This will return you to the calendar view to adjust the details.
- Allow administrators on the account to reschedule interviews on your behalf by editing your JazzHR calendar integration.
- To cancel an interview session, click the down arrow next to Reschedule and select Cancel Session to remove the interview(s) entirely. You must confirm this action by clicking Yes, Cancel Session when prompted.
Can I view all interviews scheduled on my account?
Looking for a snapshot view of all JazzHR events? Consider creating a dedicated recruiting calendar. This calendar, which would live externally, could be added as a user/interviewer on all events in JazzHR. Once synced, this calendar would provide an exclusive view of all JazzHR events.
How does JazzHR handle timezones when scheduling interviews?
JazzHR no longer uses the account-wide timezone (housed in Account Information) for all interviews. Instead, the timezone of the current user scheduling will be displayed based on the browser.
What is the difference between an Interview Session and an Interview Guide?
An Interview Session contains one or more Interview Guides. Whether added as a Workflow Helper at the Workflow-template level or right from the Interviews tab on the Candidate Profile, sessions allow you to group and schedule multiple interviews together.
Why does the link to view candidate resume ask me to log into JazzHR?
You will need a JazzHR login to view the candidate's resume via the link in the interview invitation. You are able to view the candidate resumes when launching the interview guide!