Interested in linking JazzHR with another app or web service with whom we don't natively integrate?
Use our candidate export integration framework to securely send candidate data from JazzHR to another software (i.e. HRIS/payroll systems/background check or assessment providers). This framework also supports homegrown systems and generic task apps, like Zapier, Automate.io and others.
A candidate export integration utilizes a webhook to move candidate information from one app to another. Building a candidate export integration will require development participation from either an internal team and/or the third-party software provider.
Note also that our candidate export integration framework only currently supports the sending of candidate data from JazzHR, but does not support receiving any data from other apps or web services. It is a one-way integration method.
To start building and using a candidate export integration:
- Review the Candidate Export Webhook Documentation
- Engage the JazzHR Team
- Set Up the Integration
- Export a Candidate
Fill out the following form to provide us with information on your desired integration: http://info.jazzhr.com/Custom-Integration-Request_LP.html
We'll review the information provided, and reach out to you and your team and/or to your desired provider to setup a discovery call to discuss the possible integration.
Once the third-party system has built to the JazzHR webhook, head into JazzHR to set up this integration:
- Click Settings.
- Click Integrations.
- Scroll down to the "Candidate Export Integrations" block.
- Click + Add Integration.
- Enter the following:
- Integration Name - This should be the name of the integration and will show up when exporting candidates. Example: Time Rack
- Integration [webhook] URL - Enter the webhook URL to where JazzHR should send the candidate payload.
- Secret Key - Used to hash the export payload and verify payload authenticity on the partner side
- Click Save.
Once the integration is connected, follow the steps below to trigger a candidate payload to the specified webhook URL. To export an individual candidate:
- Click Candidates.
- Search for the candidate who you'd like to export.
- Click on the drop-down menu located next to the candidate’s Workflow Status
- Click Export Candidate.
- Choose the Integration Name that you chose in setup.
- Click Export.
To add an export as a Workflow Helper:
- Click Settings.
- Click Workflows.
- Click into the Workflow to which you want to add this.
- Click Add next to the stage on which you want this associated.
- Select Send to [integration name] from the drop-down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will build the integration between JazzHR and my desired system?
Either your own internal web development resources or the desired provider will build to the JazzHR webhook. JazzHR has built an extremely simple, scalable webhook that is easy for programmers and web developers to understand and build to.
Can I send more than one candidate at a time to the desired system?
No, at this time you can only send one candidate at a time to the webhook url. Please note that you can automate this process as mentioned in the Export a Candidate section above!
What fields are sent in the Candidate Export webhook?
You can view the comprehensive list of JazzHR fields sent via the webhook in the documentation here.