Candidates want their resumes to be seen, and they may apply more than once to maximize visibility. This can result in a cluttered pipeline.
Clean up your account by merging duplicate Candidate Profiles in JazzHR. This process allows you to consolidate core candidate information while maintaining job-specific data.
JazzHR recognizes duplicate candidates based on email address and/or phone number. Candidates who apply with one or both of these matching criteria are flagged as duplicates. Then, you decide which information to include in the Full Profile section of the merged Candidate Profile before reviewing/completing the merge.
To merge a candidate in JazzHR:
- Identify the Duplicate Candidate
- Select Full Profile Information
- Confirm and Complete the Merge
- Click View Possible Duplicates from the notification at the top of a duplicate Candidate Profile.
- Check the box next to each candidate name whose profile(s) you'd like to merge, and click Merge Candidates.
- Click each active drop-down to select the preferred piece of information OR click Select Most Recent Data to automatically choose the most recently submitted piece of information for each category.
- Click Clear Selections to start the selection process over.
- Click Show Details next to each candidate name to review/confirm which pieces of job-specific information will remain. Note that you'll be able to see this data post-merge by switching between jobs on the Candidate Profile.
- Click Merge Candidates.
- Click Yes, Merge Candidates to confirm the action. Note that this action cannot be undone.
Why are some of the drop-downs on the Select Profile Information section grayed out?
Grayed out drop-down's indicate that the candidate answered in the same way on all applications. In this way, no alternative answer exists.
Why does the Job Application section look different than the Full Profile section on my merged Candidate Profile?
Once you've merged a candidate, the Full Profile section of the resulting merged Candidate Profile will show the information you selected during the merge process. The Job Application information, however, will remain unchanged post-merge and show the original answers associated with that specific job.
How can I tell if a Candidate Profile has been merged?
Merged Candidate Profiles will be noted on the Candidates page:
On the Candidate Profile itself, merged candidates will show additional jobs in the "Other Jobs" section. Click the eye icon to view the additional job(s) and accompanying job-specific data.
Why can I see that the candidate is a duplicate, but don't have the option to merge?
Only Super Users and above have the ability to merge candidates.