Connect your JazzHR account to your website’s career page for a seamless job-posting experience.
The following career page integration options allow for more customization than the standard methods but also require web development resources to implement. You gain customizability as these options increase in integration effort.
This article covers:
Still want a more custom experience? Let JazzHR build and maintain your careers page.
The custom layout is built using a combination of proprietary HTML elements (called Resumator Markup Language) as well as your own HTML and CSS elements. RML elements provide the basic framework for the page and your HTML and CSS complete the finishing touches.
For example, to display the list of open jobs, you would place the RML tag:
<resumator content="job_listings" layout="table" />
When processed, the tag will be replaced with an HTML table of current job listings that can be fully styled with CSS.
To configure the Custom Layout, click Settings > Career Page > Custom Layout > EDIT THIS LAYOUT
The Custom Layout also supports the use of tracking pixels installed on the Application Confirmation page to track recruiting campaigns from third-party sites (Facebook, Twitter, HubSpot, etc.)
First, retrieve each tracking pixel from the 3rd party site. For recruitment campaign tracking, for example, you may need to retrieve this from one of the following:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755
- Twitter: https://business.twitter.com/en/solutions/twitter-ads/website-clicks/set-up-conversion-tracking.html
- Hubspot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/reports/install-the-hubspot-tracking-code
If you're using this for application conversion, you may need to retrieve this from one of the following:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/lms/answer/65513/adding-the-linkedin-insight-tag-to-your-website?lang=en
- Glassdoor: Reach out to email@example.com
- Indeed: https://indeedemployers.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203134754-Conversion-Tracker-Tracking-Applicants
For all other 3rd party systems, contact your representative there directly.
To add Tracking Pixels:
- Click Settings > Career Page > Custom Layout > EDIT THIS LAYOUT
- Click the edit icon next to Jobs Widget Tracking Pixels
- Enter your tracking pixel URL
- example: <img src="hereismypixel.com/image.gif" height="20">
- Click Save Layout
Once saved, your pixel can be tracked by your vendor.
Create a CNAME
Using a custom URL for your jobs will add to the overall professionalism of your company. By default, the URL for your hosted careers page is https://mycompanydomain.applytojob.com. You can customize this URL through the use of a CNAME configuration.
- Choose the DNS name for the URL. For example, jobs.mycompanyname.com, careers.mycompany.com, or even jobs.mydomain.co.uk.
- Create, or have your IT Department create a CNAME record for that URL. A CNAME record maps one DNS name to another DNS name.
- When creating a CNAME record, it should point to the DNS name of your hosted careers page, such as mycompanydomain.applytojob.com.
- Once you have completed the CNAME configuration, log in to JazzHR.
Configuring the Custom DNS
- Click the Settings tab.
- Note: Only Super and Recruiting administrators and owners will have access to the Settings tab.
- Click the Career Page tab.
- Under the Careers Website Custom Domain, enter the custom CNAME you've created. For example,jobs.mycompanyname.com or careers.mycompany.com. NOTE: If this is not properly configured on your end, this will break the links to your syndicated jobs.
- Click the Save button.
Test the configuration by navigating to your custom URL to ensure your careers page content is displayed.
NOTE: When configuring to a CNAME, you will lose certain functionality.
- Due to the nature of JazzHR, the Applied With LinkedIn and Apply with Indeed buttons will no longer function on the Application Page. You should remove these to promote a better customer experience.
- Using the Share to Social Media functions take an extra step when a CNAME is configured. The links generated from these posts are not converted over to the new CNAME configuration. The links will use the default URL generated by JazzHR. You will need to update these links manually if you are using the Share on Social Media functions.
- At this time, our infrastructure only supports CNAMES using HTTP. Do not try to use your CNAME over HTTPS. If you do, you will get a security error about mismatched certificates.
JazzHR provides two different types of data feeds containing the raw job content needed to build a custom careers page on your company's website. These data feeds provide the raw job posting content which can be combined with your developer's look, feel, and design to create a 100% customized careers page. Building a careers page using the data feeds does require development resources and requires the most effort to implement, but offers the most flexibility for customization.
There are two data feeds available:
- XML feed
- JazzHR API
The XML feed is an XML encoded list of all jobs in your account which meet the following criteria:
- Job Status = Open
- EXPOSURE > Careers Website = YES
The URL can be found by clicking Settings > Career Page > XML FEED. Below is the content from a sample XML file.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<lastBuildDate>Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:11:11 GMT</lastBuildDate>
<company><![CDATA[Company Name in JazzHR]]></company>
In addition to pertinent job fields, each <job> record contains the following useful elements:
- <url> a link to the job application on your hosted careers page
NOTE: The XML feed is updated on the JazzHR servers in real time. As jobs are opened or closed, the XML feed will update. It is the responsibility of a customer's web development team to pull the XML feed at periodic intervals to ensure your careers website is updated appropriately.
The JazzHR API contains methods which allow you to extract job posting information in a JSON encoded data array.
The data records provide the raw job content which can then be manipulated by your developer's to provide the desired look, feel, and functionality for your careers page.
To extract the job postings out of your JazzHR account, make a call to GET /jobs (supplying any desired parameters, such as status/open). The API will respond with a list of job records which meet the supplied criteria.
You can also read more information on the JazzHR API.
NOTE: While the XML feed includes the <url> and <buttons> elements, the API does not. However, you can programatically create these items using a combination of the strings below and the key:value pair included in the API response called "board_code".
$url = http://myjazzhrsubdomain.applytojob.com/apply/board_code
I want to use the data feed, which one should I use?
Here are the pros and cons of each.
- Static XML encoded file of all Open job records in the account
- Cached for 24 hours
- Found at: Settings > Career Page > XML FEED
- URL: https://app.jazz.co/feeds/export/jobs/customersubdomain
- Includes a <url> element and <buttons> element for every job.
- Rest style web service API
- Data structure = JSON array
- Can specify various parameters to extract complete job records, not just Open job records
- Job records do not include a <url> or <buttons> element - need to programmatically create them