Bulk Resume Imports
Have a bunch of resumes in folders that you’d like to import? No problem. We can run them through a bulk resume importer to upload them into your JazzHR account.
Bulk Resume Import Requirements
- Resume files need to be supplied in one or more file folders. We cannot process files that are still attached to email messages or are located inside of outlook folders.
- JazzHR can organize imported resumes in one of two ways.
- Import all resumes into closed job in JazzHR labeled Imported Resumes
- Import the resumes into different jobs. (If a customer prefers to import the resumes into different jobs, the resumes should be organized into separate folders whose names correspond to job titles in JazzHR).
How long does it take to perform a bulk resume import?
Our team can turn these around in 5 business days or less (from receipt of data).
Is there a limit to the number of resumes included in the standard import service?
Our standard bulk resume import service includes up to 5,000 resume files. Additional files can be imported for an additional fee.
Can you import paper/scanned resume files?
JazzHR cannot import files which are scanned into PDFs. Scanned files are treated as image files, not digital text and are unreadable by our resume parser.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Migrations
Are you migrating from an ATS, CRM, or homegrown system? No problem! We can handle data imports from pretty much anywhere.
We have experience migrating data from Greenhouse, Taleo, iCIMS, Lever, Jobvite, and everything in between - even Excel spreadsheets.
How does the import process work?
A data import can begin as soon as your job board is setup and you are ready to start hiring in JazzHR. Below is the recommended process to ensure a clean transition from your prior system.
- Customer completes onboarding and account setup in JazzHR.
- users and groups
- workflows and helpers
- new job postings
- hiring teams
- syndicate jobs
- Customer should manually move any open jobs and candidates from their current system into their JazzHR account.
- Customer should complete their career page integration.
- Customer should close their job postings in their previous ATS so that syndication no longer occurs, no new candidates come into their former system, and data integrity is maintained.
- Customer requests data export from former system.
- Customer shares data export with JazzHR via preferred means.
- FTP site
- JazzHR downloads data export and completes data discovery.
- JazzHR performs preliminary data mapping and reviews data mapping with customer.
- JazzHR makes any changes to data mapping if necessary.
- Once data mapping is finalized, JazzHR performs sample test import, validates test, then performs the rest of the import.
How long does the import process take?
On average, Data Import projects take 15 business days (from the time we receive the data records) to complete. This is dependent on the formatting, quality, and number of data records provided.
More complex data export formats typically take longer - averaging 20 business days. More complex formats include, but are not limited to:
- Compas ATS
Is there a limit to the amount of data you will import?
The objects below are what we are capable of importing into a JazzHR account. This is dependent on what data your previous system makes available, so as long as they provide them, we can import them. For each object, we will import up to 30,000 records for any of these objects.
- candidate application fields
- cover letter (plain text)
- resume/CV file
- Candidate notes/comments (if applicable)
- Additional candidate files/documents (if applicable)
What data export formats do you support?
JazzHR supports the migration of data records from other systems if they are in CSV/spreadsheet formats. SQL backups, XML, JSON, and any non-spreadsheet formats will need to be converted by the customer or previous ATS before providing them to JazzHR.
- sample_candidate_records.xlsx (includes standard application fields, resume files, additional files, and notes/comments)
- Any fields in red text are required fields. They must have a value in order to create a record in JazzHR.
- All other fields are entirely optional.
- In order to import candidates and their associated resumes or files, the resume_file_name (column AI) must be specified. Additionally a folder containing the resume_file_names as they are listed must be provided.