Automating your process with Workflow Helpers
Workflow Helpers allow you to automate certain tasks such as communicating with hiring leads and applicants when moving them through your pipeline.
- Requesting more feedback: A workflow helper is set to the “Screen” workflow stage to assign the task “Review resume and @mention HR with notes” to the hiring manager. When a candidate is moved to the “Screen” status, the task is automatically assigned to the hiring manager, who can then take his or her next steps and follow the instructions in the task.
- Sending rejection letter: “Not a fit” workflow stage can be set to send the “Rejection Letter” email template to the candidate. When the candidate is moved to this stage, the email is sent to them automatically!
- Screening out a candidate or collecting additional information: You can can add additional questionnaires to be sent to the candidate at certain parts of the hiring process. Use this to automate collecting onboarding documentation or see writing samples from your candidates.
When adding workflow helpers, please note, that existing jobs will need to be updated manually within their workflows. Updating the workflow template will only be in effect for future jobs that are created using that template.
How to Set Up Workflow Helpers in a Workflow Template
- Click Settings.
- Click Workflows.
- Click the name of the Workflow you'd like to edit. You will be taken to the Workflow editing screen.
- Scroll to the status you'd like to set up an automation for.
- Click Add.
How to Add Workflow Helpers in an Existing Template
- Click Jobs.
- Find the Job you wish to update.
- Click the triangle Action drop-down menu.
- Click Edit Hiring Workflow.
- Find the stage where you want to add the helper.
Sending an Email
- Click Add.
- Select Email.
- Click Choose Email Template.
- Select a template.
- Click Assign Users to Email.
- Add the user(s).
- Click Add This Email.
Assigning a Task
- Click Add.
- Select Task.
- A window will open allowing you to type in the task details and add any notes.
- Select the individual to whom you'd like to assign the task.
- Click Add This Task.
Adding an Interview
- Click Add.
- Select Interview.
- Choose the Interview template.
- Click Add This Interview.
Automating a Questionnaire
- Click Add
- Select Questionnaire
- Select the questionnaire you want the candidate to complete
- Choose the email template that should be send along with the questionnaire
- Click Add This Questionnaire
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I reorder my workflow stages? Will my candidates be moved around?
Reordering a workflow has no impact on your applicant pool. You will not be able to delete a Workflow step if an applicant is currently set to it.
Can I control who the workflow helper email comes from?
Workflow helper emails always come from whoever triggered the helper. A work-around for this is to remove the email helper and replace it with a task. The task will notify the individual who triggers the helper and prompt them to send an email from the Emails tab in the Candidate profile. When sending an email from the emails tab the user can elect to send from themselves or from "the company."
Can I deselect workflow helper emails or tasks?
Yes, whenever you move the candidate into the stage with the workflow helper, you will have the option to deselect the helper.
Can I assign a workflow helper to someone outside of JazzHR?
At this time, JazzHR is only compatible with users of JazzHR. If you need to set a Workflow Helper for someone outside of Jazz, the best workaround is to set a Task to manually notify the outside user.
NOTE: HERO plan customers do not have the ability to add questionnaires as part of the workflow.