You asked, and we answered. Find responses to the most commonly asked questions from JazzHR customers like you.
- Which browsers does JazzHR support?
- Is there a JazzHR mobile app?
- How do I transfer my information from another system into JazzHR?
- Why am I not receiving JazzHR emails?
- Why can't I sign in?
- Can I use the same email address for more than one account?
- How do I change my account's time zone?
- How do I upload candidates into JazzHR?
- How do I email candidates into JazzHR?
- How do I add a Job to a Candidate's Profile?
- How do I download a candidate's resume?
- How do I update a candidate's resume?
- Why do I have candidates not associated with a job?
- How do I remove a job associated with a specific candidate?
- How can we stop candidates from applying to the same job over and over?
- Can you search for candidates that are not associated with a job?
- What types of files are accepted as resumes in JazzHR?
- Can advanced search filters be saved and reapplied?
- Can I search for multiple keywords in resume?
- How do I clone a job?
- How do I avoid answers like "open" or "negotiable" when asking for desired salary?
- Do notes carry over from job to job?
- For each job, can you create multiple tracking links?
- Can I post from JazzHR directly to LinkedIn using my LinkedIn Recruiter job slots?
- Can I pull a report that shows how many candidates made it through each workflow stage?
- Is there a limit to how much data you can get in a report?
- How does cloning or refreshing a job affect reporting?
- How do I set up custom messages to be triggered as I move candidates through a workflow?
- Can we edit the names of Reject, Advance, Pass, Fail? (in workflows and interview guides)
- Can calendar sync be used to send interview requests to other interviewers? If so, can you see when the interview has been declined by the interviewer?
- Can you upload your entire company directory to see all availability?
Security and Compliance
- Who owns the customer data stored on the web based hosted solution?
- Is there a method to obtain log data from the MWM server to parse into an on premise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)?
- Does the system support multi-factor/two-factor authentication?
- Does JazzHR utilize role based security?
- Does the web based solution support federated services or LDAP integration with on an-premised Active Directory?
- Mozilla Firefox (Newest Version)
- Google Chrome (Newest Version)
- Safari (Newest Version)
- Internet Explorer 11 or Edge
No, there is not currently a JazzHR mobile app. The candidate quick screen and interview guides, however, are both mobile-friendly.
JazzHR has a dedicated Data Migration team that specializes in taking the data from your old system and importing it into JazzHR. This process is detail-oriented and can vary in length based on the size of your data and the scope of the project. To request more information, please contact email@example.com with your request, and the Data Migration team will be more than happy to schedule a call with you.
Not all email servers/clients readily accept emails from JazzHR. It is best practice to whitelist the domains "jazzhr.com", "jazz.co" and "applytojob.com". You can also use a wildcard (*) to whitelist anything that comes from JazzHR by whitelisting "*jazz.co." Reach out to your IT team for assistance on this if needed.
Review and consider the following to best troubleshoot why you may not be able to sign in to JazzHR:
- Has your administrator disabled or deleted your account?
Please reach out to one of your JazzHR account Admins to confirm that your Admin has not disabled your account.
- Are you using the correct email address?
Users may sometimes use an alternative email address to send all incoming resumes. If you try to reset your password using the forgot password link, and the system says no email was found, you're likely using the wrong email address.
- Is your browser accepting our cookies?
Please check your browser security settings to confirm that JazzHR is included as a "trusted website".
- Did you forget your password?
You can reset your password using the forgot password link.
JazzHR currently uses your email address as your unique identifier. In other words, you can only use an email address on one account. If you would like to have multiple accounts within JazzHR, you need unique email addresses for each account. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions regarding email addresses.
- Click on your initials in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Account Information.
- Click the Default Timezone drop-down in the "Company Information" section.
- Select the appropriate time zone.
- Click Save Changes.
Note:This is an account-wide setting and will change the time zone for all users on your account. You are not able to change the time zone on an individual basis at this time.
- Access this page by either:
- Clicking + Upload a Candidate on the Candidates page
- the drop-down caret next to Edit Job
- + Add Candidates.
- From here, you have four options:
- Drag and drop a resume file into the white box.
- Click the link in the white box to upload a resume file.
- Click I don’t have a resume. This will allow you to use the candidate information you have to make a profile.
- Click I just have the resume text.
- The following screen will prompt you to fill out details of the Candidate Profile.
- If you uploaded a resume file, it will attempt to parse some candidate data from the file for you.
- When you fill out the fields you want to have included in the Candidate Profile (name and email address are mandatory), click Upload Resume.
- Click Jobs.
- Click on the specific job you want to upload candidates into.
- Click the drop-down caret next to +Add Candidate.
- Choose Import Candidates.
- A modal will display with an email address unique to this job.
- Send an email to this address with resume files attached. Each individual file will create a new candidate profile in this job.
Note: There is a limit of 10 resume files per email.
- Click the candidate's name, either from the Jobs or Candidates page.
- Click the drop-down caret to the left of the Workflow status drop-down.
- Select Add Job.
- Choose the job you want to be associated with the Candidate.
- Click Add Job.
- Click Candidates.
- Click on the candidate whose resume you'd like to download.
- Click the download button on the Candidate Profile page.
Note: If you need to edit, make your changes in the downloaded file, and then re-upload the resume.
- Click Candidates.
- Click on the candidate's name you need.
- Click Update Resume on the Candidate Profile page.
- Upload the new resume.
- Click Save.
Note: You can also use the Update Resume button to add a resume for a candidate who was manually uploaded without one.
- The candidate(s) may have been uploaded manually by a user, and no Job was linked or added to the profile
- The Job may have been deleted, thus disassociating the candidate with the Job
Note, for reference, that all candidates come into JazzHR via one of the following methods:
- Direct application (automatically listing the Job that the candidate applied for)
- Manual upload
- Email import
- Click Candidates.
- Find the candidate from whom you'd like to remove the job.
- Click the drop-down caret to the left of the Workflow status drop-down on the Candidate Profile.
- Select Remove From Job.
- Click OK on the pop-up box that appears, confirming you'd like to disassociate the candidate with the job.
There's no way to keep any one candidate from applying to any/all of your jobs. Do make sure, though, that you have automated emails attached to your Not Hired dispositions. This will indicate that they were not picked for the position and keep them in the loop while preventing you from having to constantly screen them.
If you know their name, yes. We highly recommend, however, attaching them to a job.
JazzHR accepts the following file types up to 5MB in size:
- pdf, doc, docx, rtf, odt
Yes. Once you complete the search, click Save search at the top of your screen to save these filters for the future.
Yes. Click +Add Profile Filter under the Advanced Candidate Search function to include multiple keywords.
- Click Jobs.
- Click the Actions drop-down to the right of the job you want to clone.
- Click Clone Job.
- The resulting screen will allow you to make edits to the clone of your existing job.
- Change the description, questions, and workflow as required.
- Click Save Job.
This job will show today as the Created date. Be sure to update any Custom Job Links you've created with the original job, as this new version will have a different link.
Also, candidates from the original job will not be automatically moved to your cloned job. You can transfer them, though, using our Bulk Actions feature.
The desired salary Candidate Profile question does not require a numeric answer. To avoid receiving non-numeric answers, create a custom question to choose how the candidate must respond. Here's how:
- Click Settings.
- Click Questionnaires on the left side.
- Click +New Questionnaire to create a brand new template or click the name to edit an existing one.
- Click + Add Question from the next page to add a question to your questionnaire.
- Choose your Answer Type from the drop-down menu. We recommend either Dropdown or Number so that your candidates must choose a number.
- Type in your text, which may be as simple as "Desired salary," to the Question field. We recommend making one choice for different ranges of responses. For example:
- Under $45,000
- $45,000 - $55,000
- Over $55,000
- Check off the "Require an answer to this question" box if needed.
- Click Add Question.
Note: Once your questionnaire is saved, be sure to edit the job, add the correct questionnaire and uncheck the "Desired Salary" Candidate Profile question. Again, this will prevent your candidates from answering with "open" or "negotiable."
No, notes are job-specific and thus do not transfer.
Yes, create as many as needed.
LinkedIn does not allow JazzHR to post on the Recruiter account's behalf. Instead, either purchase LinkedIn credits through JazzHR, or create the LinkedIn post and use Custom Job Links to bring candidates back into your JazzHR account.
We do not integrate with email boxes; emails sent from JazzHR will copy to your Inbox and any replies to those threads will both go to your Inbox and be logged inside JazzHR.
Yes, we released the first version of our Workflow Reporting in April 2018. Use these to report on candidate pipeline metrics, conversion rates and speed—all based on your custom workflows.
No, there is no limit at this time.
JazzHR accepts the following file types up to 10MB in size:
- pdf, doc, docx, ai, eps, fla, gif, gz, jpg, jpeg
- rtf, txt, mp3, mpg, mpeg, mp4, png, ppt
- pptx, psd, sit, tar, tgz, tif, tiff, vcf, wav, wmv
- xls, xlsx, zip
Use workflow helpers to attach custom messages within your workflow(s). Then, the email template of your choosing will be triggered to send whenever you move a candidate into that workflow stage.
No, these are hardcoded within JazzHR, and cannot be updated.
Bulk Actions are accessible to Super Admins, Recruiting Admins, Super Users, and all Hiring Managers. Restrict access to Bulk Actions by making someone an Interviewer, Developer, or Recruiting User.
Can calendar sync be used to send interview requests to other interviewers? If so, can you see when the interview has been declined by interviewer?
Yes, JazzHR's interview scheduling tool allows you to schedule interviews with other interviewers. If you want to have them set up an interview themselves, use the Task feature, and assign a task to that JazzHR user. If they decline, this will not show in JazzHR, and you would receive a notification in your email that they declined.
No, not all at once. Instead, you'll need to create a JazzHR account for each one and then manually connect each calendar.
Security and Compliance
Is there a method to obtain log data from the MWM server to parse into an on premise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)?
We do not support BYO directory, but AD/LDAP integration is possible using our integrations with OneLogin or G Suite.