Categories allow your team to organize Candidates into sub-groups so they can be easily found later. They can be used to group applicants as "Great Future Hires", or "Bilingual". The point of categories is to help you filter your applicants down to a special group quickly.
This article will cover:
First, you'll create the list of sub-groups you would like to tag candidates in. This can either be done on the Categories page of your Templates or on a Candidate's profile.
- Navigate to Settings and then select Templates
- Click Categories from the Template menu on the left
- Click + Create Category
- Type the category you would like to create into the Name text box and then click Create Category to save this category
To create categories right from a Candidate's profile:
- Navigate to a Candidate's profile and look for the Categories section on the right side
- Click the green + right next to Categories
- Click in the text box that says Add new category... and type in the name of the category you want to create
- Click the + button on the right to save
- Note: Roles with access to this are Super Admin, Recruiting Admin, or Super User
Tagging a Candidate in a Category
Once you've created Categories, you can quickly tag Candidates in these sub-groups. First, start by navigating to a Candidate's profile.
- Look for the Categories section on the right side
- Click the checkbox to the left of the Categorie(s) you want to tag this Candidate in
- Click the Make Selection box to save
Searching for Candidates in a Category
To find the Candidates you've tagged in a sub-group, you'll first navigate to the Candidates page.
- In the Filter options on the right side of the page, locate the Category section
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Category and click the Apply button on the bottom
- The Candidate list will update with those tagged in that Category
Can I run reports on categories in order to get a complete list that I can send out to other people?
Yes! You can use a Custom Report to get this information. They are one of the columns you can select from in a custom report. You can also search by category as well. Learn more here.
Can I bulk email candidates based on category?
How many categories can users create?
There is no limit to the number of categories you can create!