Finding new candidates is exciting—and keeping track of them is important! Be notified each time a candidate applies to one of your JazzHR jobs with New Candidate Notifications emails.
This article covers:
You decide which users (if any) receive New Candidate Notifications from your JazzHR account.
- Navigate to Settings
- Click Templates from the toolbar underneath
- On the Templates menu on the left, select Emails
- Scroll down to the Email Notifications and Settings section
- Click the drop-down menu under New Candidate Notification
- Select from the following options to choose which user group(s) will all receive notifications when candidates apply to any job:
- No One
- Admins Only - People with the Super and Recruiting Administrators role
- Hiring Manager Only - The Hiring Manager selected on a job
- Hiring Manager and the Hiring Team - All of those listed under the Hiring Team of a job
- Hiring Manager and Admins
- Note: If you only want individuals to receive notifications rather than a group,
select No One, and then enter specific user email addresses in the field below.
- Click Save Changes
By default, these emails include the candidate's resume attached. If you'd like the messages to come without resumes attached (perhaps for GDPR compliance), check the box next to "Exclude Resume Attachments."
Here, for reference, is what these emails look like:
If you'd prefer a daily email, consider subscribing to the Daily New Candidates Digest. This will send you a daily email with candidate information for all new applications that you can access.
Here's how to set this up:
- Click your initials in the upper right-hand corner
- Click My Profile
- Under the Preferences section, click the pencil icon
- Check the box next to Daily New Candidates Digest
- Click Save Changes
Why aren't I and/or my team receiving New Candidate Notifications?
Certain methods of adding candidates to JazzHR will not trigger New Candidate Notifications.
- Manually uploading candidates
- Pulling candidates in through the API
Neither of these methods will allow New Candidate Notifications to be sent.
Can I customize New Candidate Notifications per user?
New Candidate Notification emails cannot be set on a per-user/per-job basis. Rather, what you select applies to the account as a whole.
For example, if you select "Admins Only" from the drop-down menu and user X is a Recruiting Admin, he/she will receive New Candidate Notifications for ALL jobs, not just for the ones assigned to him/her.