Getting new candidates is exciting—and keeping track of them is important! Get notified each time a candidate applies to one of your JazzHR jobs with New Candidate Notifications emails.
This article covers:
You decide which users (if any) receive New Candidate Notifications from your JazzHR account. Here's how"
- Click Settings.
- Click Templates.
- Click Emails.
- Scroll down to the "Email Notifications and Settings" section.
- Click the drop-down menu under "New Candidate Notification."
- Select from the options to choose which user group(s) will all receive notifications when candidates apply to any job. Note: If you only want individuals to receive notifications rather than a group, select No One, and then enter specific user email addresses in the field below.
- Click Save Changes.
Note that by default, these emails include the candidate's resume attached. If you'd like these to come without resumes attached (perhaps for GDPR compliance), check the box next to "Exclude Resume Attachments."
Here, for reference, is what these emails look like:
New Candidate Notification emails cannot be set on a per-user basis. Rather, what you select applies to the account as a whole.
So, for example, if you select "Admins Only" from the drop-down menu and user X is a Recruiting Admin, he/she will receive New Candidate Notifications for ALL jobs, not just for the ones assigned to him.
If you'd prefer more targeted alerts, consider subscribing to the "Daily New Candidates Digest." This will send you a daily email with new candidate information for all jobs on which you are the hiring manager or a member of the hiring team. Here's how to set this up:
- Click your initials in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click My Profile.
- Click the pencil icon under the "Preferences" section.
- Click the box next to "Daily New Candidates Digest."
- Click Save Changes.
You'll now receive these emails daily.
Why aren't I and/or my team receiving New Candidate Notifications?
Certain methods of adding candidates to JazzHR will not trigger New Candidate Notifications. These include:
- Manually uploading candidates.
- Pulling candidates in through the API.
Neither of these methods will allow New Candidate Notifications to be sent.