Get started in JazzHR by posting a job.
This article will show you how to post and customize a job so that candidates can begin applying to your open positions. Looking for a guided walkthrough? Watch our Job Posting video from the JazzHR Training Portal.
Note that we streamlined the JazzHR job-creation experience in January 2020. If you'd prefer to use the old job-creation layout, click the View New Layout toggle in the upper-right corner of the Post tab.
This article will cover:
Create A Job
To get started, navigate to the Jobs tab and select +Create Job.
Create a compelling job description within the "Job Description" field. Need assistance? Check out our 50+ templates from our Job Description Library.
You must complete all required fields in order to save or publish your job. Use the Job Posting guide on the right side of the page to ensure all required fields are met.
Pro Tip: Your default Recruiting Workflow Template will be pre-selected. Be sure to select the correct Workflow, as this can't be changed once the job is created.
Need help? Here's our Job Posting Best Practice article.
This section includes Advanced Job Details, Sensitive Data, and Exposure.
On the bottom of the page, click > See Advanced Options to fill in optional information, such as:
- Department or Business Unit - Use this field to categorize your jobs.
- Internal Job Codes - Internal or record-keeping categories.
- Salary Range (Public) - Salary range will be included as SEO criteria for Google Jobs. This will not display to candidates, but may be used by Google when indexing search results for your jobs.
- Salary Range (Internal) - Salary range that will be visible inside of your JazzHR account to Admins, Hiring Managers, and Users with the sensitive data privilege turned on.
- EEO Compliance Questions - Add EEO questions to your application (more information here).
- Internal Notes - Free space to include any details/notes about the job.
This section allows you to control where your Job will be visible when you finish creating it.
- SEO Description - Summary of your job description that displays when your job appears in search results and can attract candidates.
- The 3 Toggles/Buttons - Where your job posting is visible. Toggle to change each visibility control. Yes = visible, No = not visible
- Free Job Syndication - Allows your job to be posted to free job boards.
- Public Search - Ability to remove your company name from the job posting which will make your company confidential and allow you to post a private position.
- Career Page - Ability for this job to be on the career page of your company's website after setting up one of our career page options.
- Once you've chosen your preferred settings, click Update Job to save.
Create your actual job application on the Application tab.
Combine built-in Candidate Profile Questions with Custom Questionnaires for a cohesive job application. This will be paired with information from the Post tab to display a complete job posting to candidates.
- Candidate Profile Questions - Select questions from our list of popular questions like name, address, resume, availability, education and more
- Custom Questionnaires - Add your own custom questions to your application
Customize A Job
Head to the Workflow, Team, Refer, and Advertise tabs of your Job for additional customization.
Manage this job's workflow on the Workflow tab.
Remember that if your job is posted, there is already a Workflow template that you selected on the Post tab unless it's unlocked first. To make changes after you have posted the job, you can either:
- Edit the template - this may affect other jobs using the same template.
- Unlock this job from the Workflow - a job-specific workflow will then be created which allows you to make changes to this job's workflow only.
Decide which users should be part of the Hiring Team for this job on the Team tab.
Invite your team to refer candidates for your job via the Refer tab, the following ways:
- Send emails to specific users asking for referrals on either one individual job or all jobs in your account.
- Spread the word from one of the social media platforms on the right-hand side.
- Create a job link to share this job to any website.
At the bottom of this page, track your referrals that have applied.
On the Advertise tab, manage your job's syndication.
Consider sponsoring your job via one of the Paid Job Boards, or review the list of Free Job Boards. You can also send your job to social media outlets via the "Social Networks" section and create a Custom Job Link to post your job on different websites!
Edit an Open Job
After you have posted your job, you have the ability to make updates.
First, navigate to the Jobs page, then click into the job you wish to edit. In the top right-hand corner, click the Edit Job button and you will see the same page you saw when you posted the job that includes the Post, Application, Workflow, Team, Refer, and Advertise tabs.
I posted a job yesterday, and I'm not seeing it on the job boards. Where's my job?
Jobs can take up to 48 hours to syndicate to the free job boards. If you don't see your job after 48 hours of posting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I edit a job after I post it?
Yes, click the job title from the Jobs page and then Edit Job. Any edits will refresh on the job boards the within the next 24 - 48 hours.
How can I add an image to my job description?
Drag and drop images to the job description or click the image icon in the Job Description toolbar to upload an image. Select the image to drag and resize.
Can I leave job-level notes or attachments?
Notes can be input in our "Internal Notes" field in the Sensitive Data area of the Post tab. We don't have the ability to add attachments at the job level.
How can I make sure my jobs get on Indeed's organic feed?
Follow our job posting best practices to ensure you meet Indeed's guidelines. Contact email@example.com with any questions. Note: If your job does not meet Indeed's quality guidelines, an email with update instructions is sent to the original Creator of the job.
Can I set a job to be private?
Yes, toggle "Free Job Syndication" and "Career Page" (in the "Exposure" section of the Post tab) to No.
How do I remove a job from the free job boards?
Put it into any status other than "Open" and it should be removed from job boards within 24 - 48 hours. Some paid postings, however, need to be manually removed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you change your job status and it still appears on job board(s).
Why is the salary information for my job posting incorrect on the job boards?