So you have a Namely account and now you want to integrate with JazzHR. Excellent! But how do you get the credentials? Luckily, we have an article for that.
Creating an Access Token
Here's how to create an access token, which you will need to start the process from JazzHR to Namely
1. Log in to your Namely account
2. Click the icon of the person in the top header, next to the bell icon
3. Click API
4. Click PERSONAL ACCESS TOKENS
5. Name your access token
BE SURE TO KEEP A COPY OF THIS
Now onto Jazz!
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on the Integrations Tab
- Click "Connect to Namely"
- When prompted, enter your Customer subdomain (company.namely.com) and your Namely API Secret key (not the API key located at the top of the Integrations page, this is different)
- Save Credentials
You can now go to a Candidate Profile and under their resume, the export button will list Namely. Click "Export to Namely" and the candidates profile will be sent to Namely.
The following information is sent to Namely from Jazz:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Workflow Status (Hired)
Onboarding your candidates into Namely
Now that you have your integration set up, it's time to onboard your candidates into your Namely account! Onboarding is a series of tasks and actions to ensure your candidate is flowing through your hiring process in an orderly and timely fashion. If you use onboarding, you will want to make sure you select this from your INTEGRATIONS page under SETTINGS.
Creating your OnBoarding Template in Namely
After you've created an access token, you can elect to set up onboarding if you have not done so already and create your onboarding template in Namely.
In your Namely account from the HOME screen....
- Click Onboarding
- Click Templates
- Click Create Template to create an onboarding template
- Once created and published, go into JazzHR and enable onboarding by selecting the checkbox from your Namely integration sign in screen
- When you export a candidate to Namely, it will create a draft session for your candidate
You're all set!
Note: If you are getting an error message "Unable to export to Namely", it could be because the state in the candidate's profile is fully typed out; e.g. Arizona instead of AZ. Namely only recognizes the state abbreviation for the export, so you will need to update this in the candidate's profile prior to the export.