What is a Private handshake Key?
Your Private Handshake Key is used to link your account to other services powered by JazzHR.
Depending on the service, sharing your Handshake Key could enable different collaboration and sharing features such as:
- Importing jobs from your JazzHR account into another service.
- Automatically importing resumes from a service into your JazzHR account.
- Allowing users to switch between different JazzHR accounts.
- Copying data from one account into another.
- Aggregating jobs from multiple resumes into one job board.
- Authenticating to gain access to a new service.
What security precautions should I take with my Handshake Key?
Treat your Handshake Key almost like a password. If someone obtains your handshake key, he could manipulate some data in your JazzHR account. However, no one can gain access directly to your account with just this key.
You can feel free to share this key with people you trust, such as recruiters, employees involved in recruiting, investors, and generally anyone actively involved in helping you recruit.
What other services are available that use my Handshake Key?
Currently, the only service for which you can use your key is to set up the JazzHR Facebook app.
Where can I find my Handshake Key?
- Click Admin. Note: Only administrators and account owners can view Admin.
- Click Job Board.
- Locate the key on the right side.
How do I get a new Handshake Key?
Send JazzHR an email and we'll update the Key in your account. Please note, JazzHR will only perform this action for the account owner. Once your key is changed, all services that currently use the key will stop working until you update your key.