Using tasks effectively can help keep your whole team moving through the recruiting process efficiently and effectively. You can automate tasks as a part of your workflow, or you can assign tasks on the fly when something unexpected pops up. Assign tasks to your team or even yourself to keep organized.
You can create four different kinds of tasks:
- Tasks related to a particular applicant
- Tasks related to a particular job
- General tasks
- Tasks assigned to another person
Automating Tasks in Workflows
- Select the job to which you want to add a customized task.
- Click Edit Job.
- Click the Hiring Workflow tab.
- Click Add next to the appropriate stage.
- Select Task.
- Enter the task Name.
- Add in any notes to give your hiring managers specific instructions.
- Select the recipient(s) from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add Task to have it start automating!
Once the task is a part of your workflow, a pop-up reminding you that this task is going to be assigned will be generated whenever you move a candidate into a stage. It will also give you the option to deselect the task if necessary. If you assigned the task to another recipient you "Select when Triggered," this is where you can select your recipients.
Creating Tasks on the Fly
- Click on the Candidate Profile with which you want to associate the task
- Click the green plus in the All Tasks section on the sidebar
- Type in the details of your task and select the person you want to assign it to
- Select Notify by email to send the assignee a quick email that they have task due
Once you have a bunch of tasks assigned and created, you may want to go back and make edits or delete some. This is easily done by clicking the checkmark on the top of the screen.
- You'll see a list of your incomplete tasks, which you can complete by clicking the checkbox.
- Click See all Tasks to begin managing your tasks
To create a task relating to a particular job:
- Click Jobs.
- Click on the job for which you’d like to create a task.
- Select Drop Down Options next to Edit Job.
- Fill in the required and optional fields.
- Click Create Task.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do my users receive an email notification when I assign them a task via a workflow helper?
Yes! They will receive an email notification.
How do I view notes on a task when it has been created?
Click into the checkmark at the top of the page to manage your tasks, and then select "View Details" under the task name.