Within JazzHR, you have the functionality to send and receive emails. View your emails from your Dashboard under My Inbox or review conversations directly from a candidate's profile.
As long as the initial email sent to a candidate was sent from within JazzHR, all replies to that thread, whether in JazzHR or from your email domain, the email will be tracked in the Emails tab on a candidate profile.
This article will cover:
- How to Send an Email to an Individual Candidate
- How to Email Multiple Candidates
- Candidate Email Address
- Email Tab Visibility Privileges
How to Send an Email to an Individual Candidate
Communicating with candidates through the system is very simple. You can set up automated emails as a part of workflow stages, or you can just send one-off emails to candidates by following these steps.
- From the candidate profile, click Emails tab or click the Email icon to compose a new message.
- You can change the email sender to your Company Name by clicking the dropdown next to your name and choose your company name.
- Compose your message or select a template.
- If you would like to send any attachments:
- Click Choose File.
- Select your file and click Open.
- You may repeat this action to add multiple attachments.
To send the email immediately, select Now and click Confirm Status Change. To schedule the email:
- Click the Now dropdown to choose a pre-set scheduled time or click Custom... to choose a custom date and time and click Done.
- Click Schedule.
- You will be taken back to the candidate's page.
- Now you can see your email in the Emails tab on the candidate's profile! Scheduled emails will appear with a "scheduled" tag.
How to Email Multiple Candidates
You can reach out to multiple candidates for many reasons and here are a few common causes:
- Introducing new job opportunities
- Company update engagement
- Confirming a job has been filled
To do this, you'll first want to navigate to the Candidates tab, or to send to candidates associated within a specific job, navigate to the Jobs page and click the job title.
The Bulk Actions button will not be available to click until you have selected candidates. To select the specific group you would like to email:
- Use the search fields on the right to create a list of candidates
- Use the checkboxes to the left of the candidates' names to select them individually or use the box at the top of the page to select all candidates in this filtered list
- Click Bulk Actions
- Toggle Send an Email to Yes
- From: you have the option to send the email as yourself or as your company by clicking the down arrow next to your name
- Type a subject and message from scratch or click Choose Template to select an email template you've already created
- When finished, at the bottom of the page, click Perform Bulk Actions
- The Perform Bulk Actions button will pop-up again to confirm you wish to send the email
- View the logged email by navigating to the Emails tab of a candidate's profile
Note, you will not be able to schedule emails when using bulk actions.
Candidate Email Address
You can forward or copy email communications from outside of JazzHR by using the Candidate Email Address. By forwarding or BCCing this email in your communications, they will be logged on the Emails tab on a candidate profile. This is found under the Email tab on the candidate profile and is unique for each candidate.
Email Tab Visibility Privileges
Super admins are able to restrict - or “lock” email messages on a candidate's profile in order to protect sensitive communication or applicant information contained in the candidate’s email threads.
By default, all candidate profiles have email visibility privileges set for Everyone. This privilege is on a per-candidate basis and will need to be configured for each individual candidate. To restrict email messages on a candidate profile, navigate to the Candidate Profile:
- Select Emails.
- Click Lock Emails.
- Use the drop-down list to select the desired email privilege.
- Click Save Changes.
There are three privilege options:
- Everyone (default)
- Super Admins and Sensitive Privileged Users
- Super Admins Only
Users with access to the candidate profile can still send emails to the candidate, but they will not be able to view any messages on the profile. Please note that users listed as the Hiring Manager of the job will not have access to locked emails.
What if a candidate responds to my bulk email?
You will receive an email to the address you use to log into JazzHR. You can reply directly from here, and this communication will continue to be tracked in the candidate's Email tab.
Who can send bulk emails to candidates?
Super Admins and Recruiting Admins can send bulk emails to candidates across multiple jobs. Super Users are limited to sending bulk emails to candidates within a single job. Recruiting Users do not have access to the bulk emails function.
I received a notification to increase my monthly bulk email limit, what should I do?
Contact email@example.com to increase your monthly limit. Bulk emails are counted when you bulk send emails and when you bulk move candidates into a status that triggers an email to send.
How can I update my email signature?
Click your initials in the upper right-hand corner, then click My Profile. Click Edit Personal Settings to update your email signature.
Can I set up automated emails?
Yes, this will be done at the workflow stage. Learn how here.
If I mark a job as filled, will my candidates be automatically notified?
They will not, you'll want to use a bulk email to send this notification.