Within JazzHR, you have the functionality to send and receive emails within the system. View your emails from your Dashboard under My Inbox or review conversations directly from a candidate's profile.
How to Send an Email to an Individual Candidate
Communicating with candidates through the system is very simple. You can set up automated emails as a part of workflow stages, or you can just send one-off emails to candidates by following these steps.
- From the candidate profile, click Emails tab or click the Email icon to compose a new message.
- You can change the email sender to your Company Name by clicking the dropdown next to your name and choose your company name.
- Compose your message or select a template.
- If you would like to send any attachments:
- Click Choose File.
- Select your file and click Open.
- You may repeat this action to add multiple attachments.
To send the email immediately, select Now and click Confirm Status Change. To schedule the email:
- Click the Now dropdown to choose a pre-set scheduled time or click Custom... to choose a custom date and time and click Done.
- Click Schedule.
- You will be taken back to the candidate's page.
- Now you can see your email in the Emails tab on the candidate's profile! Scheduled emails will appear with a "scheduled" tag.
How to Email Multiple Candidates
Are you interested in reaching out to existing candidates to let them know about new job opportunities in your company? Or send out a batch email to your candidates after a job is marked as filled? Here's how you can easily email multiple candidates in just a few clicks!
- Click the Candidates tab (or to send from within a specific job, click the job title)
- Click Bulk Actions.
- Use the Search fields to create a filtered list of candidates.
- Select one, multiple, or all of the candidates in your list.
- Click Choose Bulk Actions
- Toggle Send an Email to Yes
- From: you have the option to send the email as yourself or as your company.
- Type a subject and message from scratch or click Choose Template to select an email template.
- Click Perform Bulk Actions.
- View the logged email by navigating to the Emails tab of a candidate's profile.
Note, you will not be able to schedule emails when using bulk actions.
You can also use a unique email address for each candidate to forward or copy email communications outside of JazzHR. By forwarding or BCCing this email in your communications, they will be logged on the Emails tab on a candidate profile. This is found under the Email tab on the candidate profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if a candidate responds to my batch email?
You will receive an email to the address you use to log into JazzHR. You can reply directly from here, and this communication will continue to be tracked in the candidate's Email tab.
Who can send bulk emails to candidates?
Super Admins and Recruiting Admins can send bulk emails to candidates across multiple jobs. Super Users are limited to sending bulk emails to candidates within a single job. Recruiting Users do not have access to the bulk emails function.
I received a notification to increase my monthly bulk email limit, what should I do?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to increase your monthly limit. Bulk emails are counted when you bulk send emails and when you bulk move candidates into a status that triggers an email to send.
How can I update my email signature?
Click your initials in the upper right-hand corner, then click My Profile. Click Edit Personal Settings to update your email signature.
Can I set up automated emails?
Yes, this will be done at the workflow stage.
If I mark a job as filled, will my candidates be automatically notified?
They will not, you'll want to use a batch email to complete this notification.