Using Groups and Hiring Teams will help you better control access to your jobs and keep users organized. Groups and Hiring Teams are available to all customers and are not restricted to a plan level. Only Super Administrators and Recruiting Administrators can create Groups, but any User with permission to edit a job can create Hiring Teams.
Groups are collections of people that can be assigned to hiring teams. For example, your company has five Users from the Engineering department that are in the process of hiring for that department. You can create a Group called "Engineering."
Hiring Teams allow you to organize your users and restrict access to certain jobs to these teams. Users on this team will be the people participating in filling a posted job. A User can be in listed in multiple groups, but will only list one time on the Hiring Team.
How to Set Up a Group
- Click Settings.
- Click People.
- Click the green + symbol by the Groups section
- Name the Group.
- Click Create Group.
- On the next screen, select the people who should be a member of this group.
- If you want to add an existing group to the new group you are creating for this job, choose it from the left column.
- You can select and deselect existing group and people until you come up with the right combination of people that need to be in your new group.
- Click Save Changes.
Once you have created Groups, you can use these groups to create Hiring Teams for your jobs. A Hiring Team consists of the people involved in the hiring process for a particular job. The Hiring Manager for the job can also be selected from this list.
For maximum flexibility and efficiency, create small groups of people with similar functions. These building blocks can be used to assemble larger Groups for other Hiring Teams.
- In your job, select the Hiring Team tab.
- Click Add Team Member to add a person or a group to this hiring team.
- Click the actions dropdown to make one of your hiring team members the hiring manager.
- Click the Save Changes to Team.
Adding Restrictions to Hiring Teams
Select the checkbox "only the Hiring Team can see this job and its candidates in JazzHR" to restrict job visibility to just the people listed on this job.
This box is checked by default on any new accounts if you want to change this setting you can follow the steps below.
Modifying Job Access Privileges
- Click Settings. Note: Only Super Administrators can access Privileges.
- Click Privileges.
- Check the box next to Default new jobs to restrict their visibility to only people with Admin privileges and members of the Hiring Team.
- Click Save Changes.