Document management is an important part of the candidate screening and hiring process. Candidate files are loaded into JazzHR as part of the candidate application process. Documents can be uploaded by hiring team members or selected from company-wide document templates. These documents can be secured and organized based on their contents. JazzHR enables quick, secured, and easy access to often-used files needed during the recruiting process through this robust document management feature.
All JazzHR customer plans have the ability to add, download, delete, edit, and manage the privileges of documents on the candidate profile in the Documents tab. Any files uploaded as part of a custom questionnaire will also be stored here. Only user level roles of Super Administrator, Recruiting Administrator, and Super User can manage documents under SETTINGS>>DOCUMENTS.
- To set privileges on a new document, choose the appropriate value from the Secure This Document drop down when you add a new document to a candidate profile. Documents can be made available to everyone in your company, specific people, or they can be set to private.
- To set privileges on an existing document, click the actions drop down and select Change Privileges.
JazzHR customers with Offers & e-Signatures will also be able to add offers and send a eDocuments from the candidate profile for signing.
- Offers give you and your team an easy way to create and send error-free offer letters to candidates in minutes. To learn more, check out our article covering Offer Templates.
- eDocuments are files which can be used for electronic signing (e-Signing). e-Signing allows you to get signatures on a document from anyone, anywhere using a computer or mobile device. e-Signing eliminates the need to scan or print documents and makes any document approval process simple, secure, and digital. To learn more, check out our article covering e-Signatures Management.
Company Document Management
Administrator roles can upload documents to the Settings tab in the Templates section under Documents. Within this section you can organize often-used documents into folders. Customers with the Offers & eSignatures bundle can create reusable Offer Templates and eTemplates for sending eSignature documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of file types and sizes can be attached to a candidate's profile?
File sizes are limited to a max size of 10MB per file. (NOTE: Resumes are limited to 2MB)
In addition to these file size requirements, JazzHR supports the following specific file types and documents:
- Resumes: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .otd, or rtf
- Documents: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ai, .eps, .rtf, .txt, .ppt, .pptx, .psd, .vcf, .xls, .xlsx
- Images: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff
- Audio & Video: .mp3, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4, .wav, .wmv, .fla
- Compressed formats: .sit, .zip, .tar, .gz, .tgz
NOTE: Resumes that are scanned and uploaded are treated as .img files and do not have parsing capability
Can candidates upload files as part of their application?
Yes, you can use Questionnaires as part of the application process or send to a candidate after they've submitted an application. Simply create a question with an answer type of "File Upload" and they will be able to upload files 2MB in size. These will show up in the Documents tab.
Can I forward attachments in emails to a candidate profile?
Yes, you'll want to use the candidate dropbox email to do this! It will show up in the Email tab, not the Documents tab.