One of JazzHR's most powerful features is the ability to publish your jobs directly to your company website. Once set up, new jobs you create will automatically be posted on your company's career page and on your JazzHR Hosted Career Page. Your hosted page is how candidates apply for your positions when they're hunting around on free job boards and other locations you may have posted them on. This is often times your candidate's first impression of your company, so you'll want to make a good one!
Every JazzHR account comes with a Hosted Careers Page. This is a public-facing, branded page specific to your company. Your company will have a custom URL such as companyname.applytojob.com. You can easily customize this page and upload your logo to provide that great first impression and a seamless experience with your company career page.
To start customizing your hosted page, head over to the Settings page.
- Click Job Board
- Click Edit This Layout wherever you have a green box
- Make your edits, clicking in the boxes to find your colors
- Upload your logo
- Change your job board messaging to provide instructions, give information about your company, or provide your EEO/E-Verify information
- Scroll up and click Save Layout
Not sure where to start with integrating your website or customizing your JazzHR hosted careers page? Let our team team help. Click here to see how we can transform your careers page!
A custom layout requires knowledge of HTML and CSS. Using a custom layout is a very flexible way to tailor your hosted job site to the same styles and layouts as your company site. It makes use of JazzHR markup language, referred to as JML, to build the contents of the site. All HTML that would appear between the <body> tags is added to the page sections. There is a common header and a common footer that can be defined for the pages you create. Multiple images can also be loaded into the site. There are separate pages for job listings, job details, confirmation pages, questionnaires, etc.
JazzHR job-related content is inserted into the pages through the use of RML. For example, to display the list of open jobs. you would place this tag in the HTML of the page:
<resumator content="job_listings" layout="table" />
When processed, the tag will be replaced with an HTML table of current job listings that can be fully styled with CSS.When logged in, you can also see all JML tags available.
Add tracking pixels to your application confirmation page
This ONLY applies to the Custom Layout. The layout must be active to ensure that all the code for the other sections -Home Page, Job Details, etc - are valid.
- Click Settings
- Click Job Board
- Ensure that Custom Layout is selected.
- Click the edit icon next to Jobs Widget Tracking Pixels
- Enter in your tracking pixel URL
example: <img src="hereismypixel.com/image.gif" height="20">
- Click Save Layout
Once saved, your pixel can be tracked by your vendor.
Your website integration
JazzHR provides two widgets, basic and advanced, that allow you to embed JazzHR content into your web site. The widget will pull data from JazzHR in real time to ensure your careers page is always reflecting your current openings.
Not sure where to start with integrating your website? Let our team help! Click here to see how we can help integrate your website with JazzHR!
The Basic Widget is a single line of code that is embedded into your site's source code or CMS. An example would look like this:
The code will create a .js file, which is a document.write() command containing all of the HTML and CSS info to render the job listings section on the page. The CSS can be customized under Settings-> Job Board, allowing for some control over what is rendered and how it looks.
For more information on setting up the Basic Widget, visit Setting Up The Basic Widget
The advanced widget provides more features and can handle large numbers of job listings. It includes a search and filter capability and offers more flexible customization. The advanced widget is implemented using an iframe that is embedded into your company website. Again, the CSS can be modified to make the look consistent with your company branding.
To learn more, visit Setting Up The Advanced Job Widget
Incorporate the Basic and Advanced widgets in your WordPress website in a few easy steps. You may need to have your website administrator assist in putting the code into the WordPress post.
How to Find the HTML Code
- For the basic widget, copy a line of code from within our application into a webpage or WordPress post.
- For the Advanced Widget, you will need to upload the HTML helper file into the Media section of your WordPress site, then reference back to the URL within JazzHR.
How to Add the Widget to a WordPress Post
- Create a new post or edit an existing one.
- Navigate within the post to where you want the jobs to appear.
- Click the 'HTML' button to the right of the WordPress post editor.
- Paste the code provided to you by our application.
- Don't leave the HTML tab before you save the page.
- Save the post and publish it.
Your company can get raw data streams from JazzHR. Making use of this data will require programming skills to parse the data and format it properly. We offer two options for data streams. There are two options for data streams as an XML feed,and one for JazzHR API.
The XML Job Feed is the part of JazzHR that pushes out Job Postings to the Job Boards partnered with JazzHR.
It can be used for your careers page instead of the widgets offered. With the XML Job feed of your job, from JazzHR, you can make your own widget and stylize your site how you’d like.
How you would use the feed depends on the language you'd be using.
The XML feed is available through a URL that can be found by:
- Clicking Settings.
- Clicking Job Board.
- Clicking the link for XML Job Feed.
For example, in PHP you might use something like this:
$xml = simplexml_load_file("http://www.jazz.co/feeds/export/jobs/mycompany");
From there, PHP documentation explains how to use the $xml variable.
Please note that the XML feed is updated on the JazzHR servers in real time. As jobs are opened or closed, the XML feed will update. It is the responsibility of a customer's web development team to pull the XML feed in periodic intervals to ensure your careers website is updated appropriately.
JazzHR provides an API that allows you to access the job through programming. It allows you to view applicant, contact, and user data from the system. Data is returned in a JSON format that can be manipulated by your server to provide the desired information to your website visitors.
There are a few limitations to be aware of when using the JazzHR API.
- There is a limit of 100 results per call. You will need to make multiple calls to return more than 100 results.
- For performance reasons, API calls are currently limited to one per second.API code written by your development team needs to include a one second sleep between API calls.
You can also read more information on the JazzHR API.
Create a CNAME
Using a custom URL for your jobs will add to the overall professionalism of your company. By default, the URL for your hosted careers page is https://mycompanydomain.applytojob.com. You can customize this URL through the use of a CNAME configuration.
- Choose the DNS name for the URL. For example, jobs.mycompanyname.com, careers.mycompany.com, or even jobs.mydomain.co.uk.
- Create, or have your IT Department create a CNAME record for that URL. A CNAME record maps one DNS name to another DNS name.
- When creating a CNAME record, it should point to the DNS name of your hosted careers page, such as mycompanydomain.applytojob.com.
- Once you have completed the CNAME configuration, log in to JazzHR.
Configuring the Custom DNS
- Click the Settings tab.
Note: Only Super and Recruiting administrators and owners will have access to the Settings tab.
- Click the Job Board tab.
- Under the Careers Website Custom Domain, enter the custom CNAME you've created. For example, jobs.mycompanyname.com or careers.mycompany.com. NOTE: If this is not properly configured on your end, this will break the links to your syndicated jobs.
- Click the Save button.
Test the configuration by navigating to your custom URL to ensure your careers page content is displayed.
When configuring to a CNAME, you will lose certain functionality.
- Due to the nature of JazzHR, the Applied With LinkedIn and Apply with Indeed buttons will no longer function on the Application Page. You should remove these to promote a better customer experience.
- Using the the Share to Social Media functions take an extra step when a CNAME is configured. The links generated from these posts are not converted over to the new CNAME configuration. The links will use the default URL generated by JazzHR. You will need to update these links manually if you are using the Share on Social Media functions.
- At this time, our infrastructure only supports CNAMES using HTTP. Do not try to use your CNAME over HTTPS. If you do, you will get a security error about mismatched certificates.
Add CAPTCHA to Job Postings
- Click Settings. Note: Only Super and Recruiting admins and account owners have access to Settings.
- Click Job Board.
- Check the box under Prevent Unwanted Spam Applicants.
- Click Save.
Once this is activated, a CAPTCHA will appear at the bottom of the live job posting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my job not showing up on my careers page or widget?
Your job may have Show on Careers Website? turned off, which would prevent them from showing up on your hosted jobs page and in any widgets you may have installed. You can change this by following these steps:
- Click Jobs.
- Click the job you need to edit.
- Click Edit Job in the top right of your screen.
- Scroll to the Job Exposure section
- Toggle the Careers Website
- Click Save Job.
Your jobs will now begin appearing on your Careers Page or Widget.
I selected not to show my job on my company careers page, but I still see it there. What's wrong?
Most likely, you are using a custom data stream like our API or XML to syndicate your jobs to your company careers page. You'll need to have your developers take a look and see why this job is still visible on your company careers page.
Why don't I see the "Apply with Indeed" button like I see the "Apply with LinkedIn" button when I set up my widget?
Unfortunately, "Apply with Indeed" was never part of the scope of the widget functionality. "Apply with Indeed" is designed for applying directly from Indeed. "Apply with LinkedIn" actually fills out the form for the candidate.
I want to use the XML or API, which would be my best option?
While we give you both options, we often recommend using the XML feed for the following reasons.
- XML encoded file of all Open job records in the account
- Cached for 24 hours
- Found at: SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > XML FEED
- URL: https://app.jazz.co/feeds/export/jobs/customersubdomain
- Preferred data feed because it includes a “button widget” for every job which generates a dynamic “APPLY NOW” button with all fields necessary to submit application for each job
- Rest style web service API
- Requires much more programming work
- Data structure = JSON array
- Need to make two API requests to get all relevant job records
- Job records do not include a buttons widget
- Requires an extra call to get custom questions for each job application
- Need to design your own “application form”
- Need to make a separate call to submit the candidate’s application
- Need to convert candidate files to base64 encoding before submitting
- Need to make a separate call to submit the candidate’s custom questionnaire answers (questionnaire_ids are not accessible via API or UI - need to reach out to support to get these values)
New to JazzHR? Our onboarding portal can help - check it out here!