One of JazzHR's most powerful features is the ability to integrate your website's careers page with JazzHR.
JazzHR offers several integration methods, ranging from the simple to complex, to automatically synchronize job postings from your account to your website. As these features increase in integration effort, you gain more customizability.
The integration methods are listed below in order of integration effort (from easy to difficult).
Not sure where to start with integrating your website or customizing your JazzHR hosted careers page? Let our team team help. Click here to see how we can transform your careers page!
Every JazzHR account comes with a Hosted Careers Page. This is a public-facing, branded page specific to your company. First and foremost, the hosted page is where candidates will land when they apply for a position from one of the free job boards JazzHR syndicates to. This is often times your candidate's first impression of your company, so you'll want to make a good one!
There are two options for the hosted page:
- Responsive Layout
- Custom Layout
The responsive layout is optimized for mobile viewing by automatically resizing to any screen size and is the default selection for hosted pages. The responsive layout offers basic customization including a logo, welcome message, and colors. Additionally, you can add Custom CSS to modify elements of the page.
To customize the Responsive Layout,
- Click SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > EDIT THIS LAYOUT
- Update colors using the color picker or by entering your own HEX codes.
- Upload your company logo
- Add Job Board Messaging
- Add any custom CSS
- Click Save Layout
The URL for the hosted page is: jazzhrsubdomain.applytojob.com - where jazzhrsubdomain is your company's subdomain in JazzHR. Integrating it with your website is as easy as creating a hyperlink to the URL!
NOTE: The hosted page does not enable HTTPS by default. However, if you would prefer to enable HTTPS for your hosted page, just email firstname.lastname@example.org
The custom layout is built using a combination of proprietary HTML elements (called Resumator Markup Language) as well as your own HTML and CSS elements. RML elements provide the basic framework for the page and your HTML and CSS complete the finishing touches.
For example, to display the list of open jobs, you would place the RML tag:
<resumator content="job_listings" layout="table" />
When processed, the tag will be replaced with an HTML table of current job listings that can be fully styled with CSS.
The Custom Layout also supports the use of tracking pixels installed on the Application Confirmation page to track recruiting campaigns from third party sites (facebook, twitter, hubspot, etc.)
This ONLY applies to the Custom Layout. The layout must be active to ensure that all the code for the other sections (Home Page, Job Details, etc) are valid.
To add Tracking Pixels,
- Click SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > Custom Layout > EDIT THIS LAYOUT
- Click the edit icon next to Jobs Widget Tracking Pixels
- Enter in your tracking pixel URL
example: <img src="hereismypixel.com/image.gif" height="20">
- Click Save Layout
Once saved, your pixel can be tracked by your vendor.
Advanced Configuration Options for Hosted Pages
Create a CNAME
Using a custom URL for your jobs will add to the overall professionalism of your company. By default, the URL for your hosted careers page is https://mycompanydomain.applytojob.com. You can customize this URL through the use of a CNAME configuration.
- Choose the DNS name for the URL. For example, jobs.mycompanyname.com, careers.mycompany.com, or even jobs.mydomain.co.uk.
- Create, or have your IT Department create a CNAME record for that URL. A CNAME record maps one DNS name to another DNS name.
- When creating a CNAME record, it should point to the DNS name of your hosted careers page, such as mycompanydomain.applytojob.com.
- Once you have completed the CNAME configuration, log in to JazzHR.
Configuring the Custom DNS
- Click the Settings tab.
Note: Only Super and Recruiting administrators and owners will have access to the Settings tab.
- Click the Job Board tab.
- Under the Careers Website Custom Domain, enter the custom CNAME you've created. For example, jobs.mycompanyname.com or careers.mycompany.com. NOTE: If this is not properly configured on your end, this will break the links to your syndicated jobs.
- Click the Save button.
Test the configuration by navigating to your custom URL to ensure your careers page content is displayed.
NOTE: When configuring to a CNAME, you will lose certain functionality.
- Due to the nature of JazzHR, the Applied With LinkedIn and Apply with Indeed buttons will no longer function on the Application Page. You should remove these to promote a better customer experience.
- Using the the Share to Social Media functions take an extra step when a CNAME is configured. The links generated from these posts are not converted over to the new CNAME configuration. The links will use the default URL generated by JazzHR. You will need to update these links manually if you are using the Share on Social Media functions.
- At this time, our infrastructure only supports CNAMES using HTTP. Do not try to use your CNAME over HTTPS. If you do, you will get a security error about mismatched certificates.
Add CAPTCHA to Job Postings
- Click SETTINGS > JOB BOARD
- Check the box labeled Prevent Unwanted Spam Applicants.
- Click Save.
Once this is activated, a CAPTCHA will appear at the bottom of the live job posting.
There are two options of widgets:
The Basic Widget is a single line of code that is embedded into your website's source code or Content Management System (Wix, Wordpress, GoDaddy).
The code above creates a .js file (containing a document.write() command to render the job listings on the page)
For more information on setting up the Basic Widget, visit Setting Up The Basic Widget
The advanced widget provides more features and can handle large numbers of job listings. It includes a search and filter capability and offers more flexible customization. The advanced widget is implemented using an iframe that is embedded into your company website. Again, the CSS can be modified to make the look consistent with your company branding.
To learn more, visit Setting Up The Advanced Job Widget
Customizing the Widgets
All unique elements in the job widgets can be customized by visiting SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > EDIT WIDGET STYLES and applying the CSS code.
JazzHR provides two different types of data feeds containing the raw job content needed to build a custom careers page on your company's website. These data feeds provide the raw job posting content which can be combined with your developer's look, feel, and design to create a 100% customized careers page. Building a careers page using the data feeds does require development resources and requires the most effort to implement, but offers the most flexibility for customization.
There are two data feeds available:
- XML feed
- JazzHR API
The XML feed is an XML encoded list of all jobs in your account which meet the following criteria:
- Job Status = Open
- EXPOSURE > Careers Website = YES
The URL can be found by clicking SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > XML FEED. Below is the content from a sample XML file.
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<lastBuildDate>Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:11:11 GMT</lastBuildDate>
<company><![CDATA[Company Name in JazzHR]]></company>
In addition to pertinent job fields, each <job> record contains the following useful elements:
- <url> a link to the job application on your hosted careers page
NOTE: The XML feed is updated on the JazzHR servers in real time. As jobs are opened or closed, the XML feed will update. It is the responsibility of a customer's web development team to pull the XML feed in periodic intervals to ensure your careers website is updated appropriately.
The JazzHR API contains methods which allow you to extract job posting information in a JSON encoded data array.
The data records provide the raw job content which can then be manipulated by your developer's to provide the desired look, feel, and functionality for your careers page.
To extract the job postings out of your JazzHR account, make a call to GET /jobs (supplying any desired parameters, such as status/open). The API will respond with a list of job records which meet the supplied criteria.
You can also read more information on the JazzHR API.
NOTE: While the XML feed includes the <url> and <buttons> elements, the API does not. However, you can programatically create these items using a combination of the strings below and the key:value pair included in the API response called "board_code".
$url = http://myjazzhrsubdomain.applytojob.com/apply/board_code
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my job not showing up on my careers page or widget?
Your job may have Show on Careers Website? turned off, which would prevent them from showing up on your hosted jobs page and in any widgets you may have installed. You can change this by following these steps:
- Click Jobs.
- Click the job you need to edit.
- Click Edit Job in the top right of your screen.
- Scroll to the Job Exposure section
- Toggle the Careers Website
- Click Save Job.
Your jobs will now begin appearing on your Careers Page or Widget.
I selected not to show my job on my company careers page, but I still see it there. What's wrong?
Most likely, you are using a custom data stream like our API or XML to syndicate your jobs to your company careers page. You'll need to have your developers take a look and see why this job is still visible on your company careers page.
Why don't I see the "Apply with Indeed" button like I see the "Apply with LinkedIn" button when I setup my widget?
Unfortunately, "Apply with Indeed" was never part of the scope of the widget functionality. "Apply with Indeed" is designed for applying directly from Indeed. "Apply with LinkedIn" actually fills out the form for the candidate.
I want to use the data feed, which one should I use?
Here are the pros and cons of each.
- Static XML encoded file of all Open job records in the account
- Cached for 24 hours
- Found at: SETTINGS > JOB BOARD > XML FEED
- URL: https://app.jazz.co/feeds/export/jobs/customersubdomain
- Includes a <url> element and <buttons> element for every job.
- Rest style web service API
- Data structure = JSON array
- Can specify various parameters to extract complete job records, not just Open job records
- Job records do not include a <url> or <buttons> element - need to programmatically create them